The system supports all the operations of a water service company. General modules that the system has include:
- Water production
- Meter Management
- Meter Reading
- Billing Cycles
- Ledger – receipts and spending
- Dispatch bills
Features of the billing system
The system is designed to have a friendly GUI that will eliminate duplication of effort during data capture and data entry. Design architecture had the following in mind:
- Integration – It is vital for the billing software to integrate with the whole operating system easily, as well as offering rich functionality and easy to configure interfaces.
- Automation – It is important to have a system that gives the ability to automate repetitive tasks giving you the ability to reduce work effort while improving customer service. Features such as email bill notification, time saving automated process wizards, multiple templates have been incorporated.
- Intuitive – The billing system is intuitive enough to adapt to ever changing billing demands without the need to reconfigure the systems, case in mind is applications like the pre-paid meter that is coming in.
- Convenience – Any good billing software should offer a number of friendly features incorporated in the system to give the best customer service possible. This include online bill payment, customer reminders, customer support through SMS applications.
- Support – All software, whether water billing software or your accounting application should offer superior customer support, including support documentation, live phone support or live chat support. Our support is available 24/7 through skype and team viewer chat and we are able to access your screen for support through share point.
The software allows managing the commercial function of water within a company in accordance with the following requirements:
A. Legal framework applied to water and sanitation management in Kenya and specific regulation (service rules) of KITWASCO;
B. Organisation undertaken by the water and sanitation utilities; and
C. Safety, sustainability and evolution of the service.
It will also be able to manage the necessary relationships with the various administrative (staff management, accounting and financial management) and technical services by managing interfaces and exchanges of information flows.
Generally, the software will record the dates and times of access of all the staff entitled to use the software. So any operation on the files of the database will be tracked (operator, timestamp of changes) particularly for sensitive operations (billing, collection and bill adjustments).
MULTI-SITE AND MULTI-USER FUNCTIONING
The system can support multi-site operation type with networking operation for the areas and the Head Quarters.
Billing Functionalities Include:
- Customer creation and account opening
- Records setup which include:
- Tarriff setup
- Zone and Routes
- billing items
- Paying points
- Complain Types
- Manual Billing
- Datalogger Billing
- Cash office receipting with provision for manual receipting
- Mpesa posting and bank receipts file uploading
- Other Services Invoicing to clients and non clients
- Generation of disconnection orders and returns
- Metering (issues and returns)
- Customer care complain registration
- Raising of credit and debit notes
- Walk and route adjustment
- Account activations and disconnection
- Daily, monthly and yearly reports on receipting and billing
a) Stock tracking and Issuing on stock items.
b) Meter issuing and account activation
a) Staff registration
b) Income and Deductions
c) Salary Preparation
d) Deductions Monitoring for future recovery
e) Salary reports.
Other salient Features
a) Back Up
b) Charges Calculator
c) Query builder
d) Accounts Module
Promics Developent platform
Visual Studio 2010 and Mysql server database
Computer Minimum Specifications
- Server 2003,2008
- Intel xeon 2.4ghz
- 4Gb Ram
- 17” monitor
- Windows xp, Windows 7, vista 32 bit
- Minimum 512 mb
- Intel PIV and above